NFPA 1991 Certified - 2016 Edition
Get triple assurance with a single suit certified to NFPA 1991. The Frontline® 500 gas-tight suit offers three-way protection – broad chemical holdout, plus flame resistance and radiant heat protection for the additional hazards encountered in a chemical flash-fire. NFPA certification now includes base plus Optional Flash Fire and Liquified Gas requirements.
Kappler's single-suit design means goodbye to the days of a cumbersome two-suit NFPA 1991 configuration. As with all Kappler apparel, this is a multi-use, single exposure garment. Offering comparable protection to Kappler’s Zytron® 500 chemical apparel, Frontline 500 provides excellent holdout for the ASTM F1001 battery and beyond.
For optimal radiant heat protection, Kappler's commitment to user survivability led us to use the more demanding Pyroman Thermal Manikin testing in addition to the NFPA 1991 Chemical Flash Fire Option. Pyroman results for Frontline 500 indicated 0% body burn – a huge confidence factor when facing a chemical flash situation.
Chemical, flash, radiant – three hazards, one suit. With Frontline 500, Kappler's got your back — and your front.
Frontline garments are designed for chemical flash fire protection FOR ESCAPE ONLY in the event of a chemical flash fire.
Features and Benefits
- New patent-pending AntiFog Expanded-View Visor enhances worker safety.
- Single garment eliminates need for typical 2-suit NFPA 1991 configuration
- Combines chemical, flash-fire and radiant heat protection in a single suit
- New more flexible Aquaseal® zipper makes donning, doffing, and pressure testing easier
- Seams are sewn and double heat-sealed/taped for added protection
- Unique 2N1® glove system prevents inner glove inversion when removing hands
- Hazmat response
- Chemical handling with potential for chemical flash-fire
Frontline 500 Style Options
Vapor Total Encapsulating Suit
Front Entry or Rear Entry, Expanded Back, Large AntiFog Visor System, Double Heat Sealed/Taped Seams, Knee Reinforcements, 2 Exhaust Valves, 48" Gas-Tight Urethane Zipper, Double Storm Flaps with FR Hook and Loop Fasteners, Attached Sock Booties with Splash Guards, Field Replaceable 2N1® Glove System and Removable Knitted Kevlar Overgloves.
Style: F5H582-91 (Front Entry)
Style: F5H583-91 (Rear Entry)
Style: F5H580-9C (CE Type 1aET)
Style: F5H580-9Z (Reverse Pull Zipper)
- Size: Size: XS-5X
- Color: Silver w/hi-vis. orange taped seams
- Quantity: 1 set/cs Weight: 12 lb / 5.4 kg